Litigation Counsel For Local And National Clients At Trial And On Appeal
The Florida construction litigation practice of Bryant, Higby & Barr, covers the dispute resolution needs of any party with an interest in contracting, financing, or performance in private or public projects. Our lawyers integrate a thorough familiarity with Florida developer and contractor business practices with decades of trial and arbitration experience in construction disputes.
We serve the needs of local developers, contractors and lenders as well as clients nationwide with substantial interests to protect in construction financing or contracting. In recent years, we have also represented clients in need of advice and litigation support when declining property values, tight credit or liquidity problems threatened or interrupted construction projects that were already committed or begun.
Contract And Financing Disputes In Pensacola, Jacksonville And Northern Florida
Our Panama City construction litigation attorneys represent local and national clients in state and federal trials, appeals and private arbitration proceedings. Examples of the disputes we handle include:
- Loan workouts and mortgage litigation between construction lenders and borrowers
- Contract enforcement between developers, design professionals and contractors
- Construction lien enforcement involving contractors and suppliers
- Disputes involving inspections, substantial performance and lien waivers
- Disputes involving variations between plan specifications and the work actually required or performed
- Litigation over cost overruns, delays, errors in budgeting or staging, or other project management problems
- Construction warranty and defects litigation involving commercial, industrial, residential, or public development and infrastructure projects
- Insurance coverage disputes
In a complex construction project, any substantial dispute is likely to spread beyond the original parties as the plaintiff identifies additional sources of recovery for a loss, and the original defendants implead additional parties that might indemnify or share in any liability proved against them. As an AV Preeminent* litigation firm, Bryant, Higby & Barr, can keep the key issues in focus at every stage of a construction dispute, regardless of its scale or degree of complexity.
To work with outstanding Panama City construction litigation attorneys in your dispute, send a message online to Bryant, Higby & Barr, for additional information.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Hurricane Michael Insurance Claims
Were you denied or underpaid your insurance claim after Hurricane Michael? Our attorneys can help you secure the compensation you need. We are in this together.