Experienced Trial Lawyers For Complex Business Disputes In Florida
The civil trial practice at Bryant, Higby & Barr, serves the needs of businesses, municipal clients, lenders and others in need of legal support in the resolution of contract claims, corporate or partnership disputes, and business torts of all kinds. Our clients include banks, investment groups, insurance companies, family businesses, professional practices and closely held corporations throughout northwest Florida and other locations in the state.
As an AV Preeminent* litigation firm, Bryant, Higby & Barr, is also the right choice for national and multinational corporations, financial institutions, liability insurers and other entities with litigation venued or pending in Florida. With decades of state and federal litigation experience on behalf of clients based elsewhere, our lawyers provide a range of trial counsel, local counsel and special counsel services for clients with substantial interests to protect in our region. We value the relationships that we have formed with referring attorneys and corporate counsel in complex litigation, and we regard each new engagement as an opportunity to earn a repeat referral.
Our work in commercial litigation ranges from consultant or vendor collections work to wide-ranging disputes involving multiple parties, counterclaims, cross-claims and third-party claims. While most commercial cases originate in breach of contract claims or the adequacy of performance under written agreements, our lawyers have seen how they can also generate counterattacks in the form of fraud allegations or other business torts, and we can act accordingly to protect our client’s interests. Bryant, Higby & Barr, has also developed a record of success in state and federal appellate practice.
Florida Contract Dispute Lawyers At Trial And On Appeal
Examples of the kinds of cases we handle on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants include:
- Commercial collection, payment and billing disputes
- Workouts and litigation involving distressed development projects or commercial real estate transactions
- Disputes between commercial lenders and borrowers, including mortgage foreclosure
- Enforcement and liquidation of security interests in business inventory, equipment or receivables
- Claims arising under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) articles related to sales, negotiable instruments, bank payments and secured transactions
- Litigation over secured or unsecured personal guarantees of business indebtedness
- Commercial landlord-tenant disputes
- Breach of contract or fraud claims related to purchases or sales of businesses
- Corporate or partnership litigation concerning trade secrets, misappropriation of business opportunities or breach of the duty of loyalty
Whether your case involves the application of a narrow principle of UCC law or covers a wide range of claims and defenses across several legal disciplines, the trial attorneys of Bryant, Higby & Barr, can develop and pursue the strategy that makes sense for the demands of the situation, and your long-term interests and objectives. Send a message to the Panama City commercial litigation attorneys of Bryant, Higby & Barr, to learn more about the range of our trial practice for local and national clients.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Hurricane Michael Insurance Claims
Were you denied or underpaid your insurance claim after Hurricane Michael? Our attorneys can help you secure the compensation you need. We are in this together.