A serious car accident can change your life. In the moment of a collision, you may be facing expenses that your Florida family cannot manage, as well as injuries that will not ever go away. If you suffered permanent injuries in an accident that was the result of another person’s recklessness or negligence, you have options. You could have grounds to seek compensation through an injury claim.
When accident victims have permanent injuries, it is a significant financial burden. There are extensive costs associated with these types of injuries, and you may need support for the rest of your life. As an accident victim, you may have a rightful claim to damages and compensation that will allow you to get the care you need, as long as you need it.
What will you need after an accident?
Every situation is different, and the specific damages you should seek through your personal injury claim depend on the types of injuries you have and the support you will need. Permanent injuries may mean you will need both medical care and practical support. It may be appropriate for you to seek compensation for the following:
- Help in your home — Paying someone to help you around your house because your injuries will no longer allow you to do so
- Loss of ability to enjoy life – Recompense for diminished capacity to live life like you used to in the past
- Unable to work – Inability to earn a living in the same way or at the same level of pay as you used to before the accident
- Disfigurement – Scars or changes in appearance leading to emotional trauma and other complications
- Health care – Permanent or very serious injuries requiring ongoing medical support, rehabilitation or therapy
If you think you may have a claim, or the insurance company offered you a settlement, it may be in your best interests to carefully consider the true amount of compensation you need for a full and fair recovery.
Your recovery can start now
The aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming, and it is possible to not understand the true impact and nature of your injuries right away. Your future interests could be at stake, and it is worthwhile to act quickly to learn how you can protect yourself. A complete evaluation of your case is a smart first step to help you understand your options and allow you to move forward with the appropriate course of action.