Christopher “Chris” Barr enjoys a diverse practice, serving clients in both transactional matters and litigation. Chris’ practice includes commercial and residential real estate law, including acquisitions and sales, development, leasing, financing and loan foreclosures and workout, as well as trial practice. Chris also represents clients in complex lease transactions, landlord-tenant disputes, and numerous other business litigation matters including contract disputes, construction disputes, non-compete agreements, and trade secret litigation. Mr. Barr also has municipal experience, serving as counsel for the Panama City Port Authority.
Mr. Barr received his undergraduate degree from University of Florida with a B.S. in Business Finance. He earned his J.D. from the University of Florida, College of Law in 2005. Upon graduation, Mr. Barr returned to Bay Country, Florida where he has practiced for over twelve (12) years. Mr. Barr was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2005. Courts before which he may practice include Florida trial courts, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Chris was born and raised in Bay County, Florida and is presently a member of the American Bar Association, the Bay County Bar Association, the St. Andrew Bay Inn of Court, the Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, the Florida Bar’s Trial Lawyers Section, and the Krewe of Dominique Youx. Along with his wife, Kristen, Chris resides on Panama City Beach and represents clients throughout Northwest Florida.
- Counts Real Estate Group, Inc.
- Panama City Port Authority
- Reflections Owners Association, Inc.
- Bay County Chamber of Commerce- Leadership Bay Graduate 2006
- American Bar Association
- Bay County Bar Association
- St. Andrew Bay Inn of Court
- The Florida Bar's Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section Member
- The Florida Bar's Trial Lawyers Section Member
- Krewe of Dominique Youx
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Transactions
- General Civil Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Business and Corporate Law
- Condominium Law
- Florida, 2005
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 05/2005
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Bachelor of Science - 05/2002
- Major: Finance